Why on our website?
We have been organising TeachMeets in Cardiff ever since the first one in 2011 and we would normally upload the TeachMeet page on the TeachMeet wiki, but the wiki seems to be broken and we couldn’t upload a new page on that platform. So, please get in contact with us at CollaboratEd1@gmail.com to add your name as a participant or to present.
What is a TeachMeet?
A TeachMeet is an informal gathering for those of us who are enthusiastic about learning and teaching and who are keen to share ideas. Everyone is invited to share approaches they have trialled in their classrooms, examples of good practice and to ask questions, or simply to soak up all the ideas and atmosphere.
This TeachMeet will be hosted by the National Education Show in Cardiff City Hall. The focus of the TeachMeet is Embedding literacy, numeracy and digital competence across the curriculum, but we are interested to hear about any good practice in education. So, if you have some great ideas and you want to show how you are implementing them in your classroom/school, we would really really love to hear you!
The main point of a TeachMeet is to hear stories about learning from teachers and other education professionals. It is about being engaged and inspired by our immediate colleagues and gaining a whole bucket load of networking to boot! To work, it needs people to sign up to give short presentations; presentations can last for 2, or 7, minutes and can include demonstrations or visual aids as appropriate.
If you have done something exciting with one of your classes recently or if you would like to come along and watch, sign up below and come along. Open to all with an interest in education in Wales and beyond (both Primary and Secondary).
When is the TeachMeet?
Friday 13th October 2017
15:30 – 17:30
Where is the TeachMeet?
Cardiff City Hall
Gorsedd Gardens Rd, Cardiff, CF10 3ND
Our Keynote Speaker!
Our Keynote Speaker for the event is Chris Norman, Head of Willows High School, who will kick the event off with some insights into ‘School transformation at all levels!’.
Engage on Twitter
Before, during and after the event make sure you use the Twitter hash tag #TMCymru to engage with us, share links and great things you see and like at the event!
Be in it to win it!
ThinkBuzan has offered a full licence for their most excellent Mind Mapping software iMindMap 10 as well as a year free membership to iMindMap Freedom, which allows to sync all your iMindMaps on your handheld devices and online. This amazing prize will be drawn at the raffle at the end of the TeachMeet.
More prizes will be revealed during at the event.
You could be the winner of one of these amazing prizes, so make sure you sign up to attend the TeachMeet today!
Refreshments and food will be kindly provided by the National Education Show.
What can you do?
You can turn up and learn something new, or share something you think others would benefit from. You can chat informally over a cup of tea, get up and present a two-minute presentation or a seven-minute presentation.
There is no obligation to present anything, but if you are interested in attending, either as a speaker or a listener, please contact Alessio Bernardelli (CollaboratEd1@gmail.com) and tell him your name, surname, school and position (optional). If you are presenting also tell us the title of your presentation and whether it is a 2 or 7 min presentation.
Who’s presenting what?
7 min presentations
Please add your name below if you want to show a 7 minute presentation of something useful.
1. Alessio Bernardelli (@Collaborat_Ed) – Immersive education with Augmented Reality
2. Adam Speight (@Mr_Speight) – Nurturing not teaching Computational Thinking
3. Bryn Llewellyn (@tagtiv8) – Get Off Your Backsides – Active Approaches to Learning
4. Hywel Roberts (@intofilm_cymru) – Using film as a classroom tool to improve literacy
5. Dr Bridget Kirsop – How to give children resilience – an NLP trainers perspective
6. Ben Cottam (FSB Wales) – How to develop entrepreneurial skills in young people
Twelve presentations maximum, please!
2 min presentations
Please add your name below if you want to show a quick fire presentation of something useful to do with the Literacy and Numeracy Framework.
1. Alessio Bernardelli (@Collaborat_Ed) – Three must have digital tools
Twelve presentations maximum, please!
If you want to come along and just listen please list your name below
2. Gareth Ritter – Deputy Headteacher at Willows High School
3. Chris Norman – Headteacher at Willows High School
4. Cerian Angharad – SeeScience
5. Adam Speight (@Mr_Speight) – Head of ICT and Computer Science at Mary Immaculate High School
6. Becki Bawler – Lead Teacher IT / CS / DCF, Risca Community Comprehensive School
7. Dr Kay Christie – Secondary science teacher (chemistry)
8. Bryn Llewellyn – Team Tagtiv8
9. Hywel Roberts (@intofilm_cymru) – Into Film Wales
10. Dr Bridget Kirsop – American Board of NLP Certified Trainer and Ex GP
11. Panagiotis Arvanitakis – Director / Digital Designer
12. Ben Cottam (@FSB_Wales) – FSB Wales
|49. Cathryn||Anwyl Williams|
50. Alex Morgan (@AOMorgan89) – Teacher of Maths
51. Josh Miles – Policy Manager at FSB Education
Don’t worry, we can add more numbers and your name if needed.