With the imminent introduction of a Digital Competence Framework in Wales, following the Donaldson review of the Curriculum, it is important that all teachers gain a working knowledge of computing and other digital competences. In fact, they will have to use and develop these skills as part of their every day teaching with the same level of commitment and competence as the Literacy and Numeracy Framework.
Many primary schools have invested in iPads, but Apple’s competitors insist that is it not possible to develop the computing skills, knowledge and understanding described in the new Computing Curriculum (link referring to the current English curriculum) with an iOS device. That is not true and there are many innovative and engaging ways to develop really high computing skills through the use of iPads, from Early Years to Key Stage 2. Our training experience is designed to show sector leading strategies and tools to develop the Computing Curriculum through iPads.
We worked in collaboration with UKEdChat.com to produce a highly effective, stimulating and simple resource pack full of classroom ready lessons that teachers of all primary school year groups will be able to pick off the shelf and use with their pupils.
We have a resource pack for KS1/Foundation Phase and a resource pack for KS2 learners with two outstanding training days that will allow your school to make the most of the resources proposed and enable teachers to transfer their newly learnt skills in other areas of the curriculum. The activities in our resource packs aim to develop literacy and numeracy skills in addition to the computing skills of the new Computing Curriculum. We, therefore, believe that our training experience and resource pack are a must have for all primary schools seeking to use iPads more effectively.
We offer generous discounts for whole clusters of schools that wish to work together to receive our training and resource packs!
This course is ideal if you are planning your CPD expenditure using your School Effectiveness Grant (SEG) and/or your Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG).
Book your place to one of our events now using the links below.
KS1/Foundation Phase events (only £500 for the two courses when booked with KS2 event):
– Friday 27th November 2015 at Cadoxton Primary School (Barry) – Cost: £300 (inclusive of teacher resource pack and lunch)
– Monday 18th January 2016 at St Teilo’s CIW School (Cardiff)– Cost: £300 (inclusive of teacher resource pack and lunch)
KS2 events (only £500 for the two courses when booked with KS1/Foundation Phase event):
– Monday 11th January 2016 at St Teilo’s CIW School (Cardiff)– Cost: £300 (inclusive of teacher resource pack and lunch)
– Friday 12th February 2016 at Cadoxton Primary School (Barry) – Cost: £300 (inclusive of teacher resource pack and lunch)
– Tuesday 23rd February 2016 at Dyffryn Taf School (Carmarthenshire) – Cost: £300 (inclusive of teacher resource pack and lunch)